We invite you to be part of this historic journey and to be one with the community of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish – Muntinlupa. Join us build a home for the heart of Jesus, gather as a faith community, and grow in the love and compassion of Jesus.
The SHJP Church Building Project
In 2011, the Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish (SHJP) embarked on a journey to build its own parish church. The SHJP Church Building Project was started with the goal of building a church structure that would meet key requirements for space and facilities for the continuously growing number of parishioners. With God’s grace and the help of generous hearts, SHJP hopes to realize its vision to build a permanent home for the Sacred Heart of Jesus that unites the parish community under one faith.
The project involves the construction of a two-storey cruciform church and administration building, and a detached clausura, covering a total area of 3,400 square meters. Construction started on a 2,500-sq.m. lot donated by Greenfield Development Corporation. The church building is envisioned to have the following key features:
- Expanded seating capacity for 820 people (more than double the capacity of the current church)
- An adoration chapel and a daily chapel for prayer and reflection
- A baptistry
- A reconciliation room dedicated for confession and counseling
- A sacristy to keep vestments, sacred vessels, other church furnishings, and parish records
- Meeting and function rooms for small and large gatherings
- A clausura to provide accommodations for the parish priest and other visiting priests
- Better accessibility for parishioners and non-parishioners
The total project cost is estimated at P180 million, broken down as follows:
Of this amount, a total of about P65 million has been raised as of October 30, 2014 through generous donations and pledges of parishioners. An additional P105 million needs to be raised to support the project through completion.
How can you help?
1. Donate online
2. Give to the Donate-a-brick Today Program (insert brochure of DAB)
The Donate-a-brick Today Program is a parish-based fundraising program to support the construction of the SHJP church building. Individual donors are given the chance to participate in this worthy cause by making pledges of “bricks” each costing P2,500. Donors have the option to pay their pledged amounts in instalments. Contact the parish office for more information about this program.
3. External solicitation program
Corporations, foundations, or philanthropic groups who are interested to know more about this project may email
to we can get in touch with you and discuss how we can work together to build a home for the heart of Jesus.